Stay informed about your child by using the Parent Portal
- Visiting the School: Parents are encouraged to visit the school and their child’s classroom anytime. Please don’t bring younger siblings to the school as they can cause a disruption to the learning environment.
- Volunteering: We are always looking for volunteers. Please check with the Community Liaison, Maria Segura, for volunteer opportunities within the classrooms and in the building.
Please remember! All visitors are required to sign in at the Main Office upon entering the school. This is for the safety of our children.
Frequently Asked Question about How You Can Get Involved
What are the different ways parents can volunteer?
DCIS at Ford welcomes all parents to participate in the school and in their child’s education. Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Volunteer positions can be both short or long term, so chat with our Community Liaison and see what best suits your schedule!
- Teacher’s Assistants: This kind of volunteer is hands on with respect to the academic and classroom instruction. Teaching Assistants help in reading and/or math by providing administrative assistance to the teacher by filing, organizing, copying etc.
- Library Assistants: Parent are also welcome to volunteer in the Library organizing books and assisting with Reading Trust Program, ROAR Buck Store, and/or by becoming Reading Partners with different grade level students.
- Lunchroom Assistants: Parents can always help in the lunchroom. Here you can have lunch with your child as well as help with the order and cleanliness of the cafeteria.
- Project/Event Volunteers: Teachers often engage their students in a number of projects throughout the year. Additional support is always needed for assemblies before and after school, art projects and field trips.
Are there monthly meetings I can attend so I can stay informed about what is happening at my child’s school as well as in the community?
We have one Parent Meeting a month to provide updates on school information, progress reports, upcoming programs and various student activities. Please refer to the school calendar to find out when and where the next meeting will take place.
We also try hard to communicate with each parent through the Parent Engagement Office. Here you can learn more about and any district or community meetings happening at school or in the neighborhood such as the Superintendent Parent Forum, ELA/DPAC, Parent Leadership, Community Ambassadors, Parent Conferences and other trainings. Overall, we aim to provide resources and information to the community whenever they are needed or requested.
The purpose of DCIS at Ford community programs is to bring together our parent and community resources to strengthen bonds and sense of community for positive change for the well being of our DICS at Ford students.
To empower our DCIS at Ford community through educational programs, community partnerships, networking opportunities and community events.
Our mission is to create community programs based on the needs of the DCIS at Ford community.
- Annual Global Leadership Conference.
- ELA DAC, ELA PAC.
- Ambassador Parents.
- PPC (Parents Planning Committee) at DCIS at Ford.
- GED in Spanish and English
- Spanish for English Speakers
- From Parent To PARA
- ELS (English As A Second Language)
Community Fundraising Programs / Events:
- Family Dance
- $1 Dress Down
- Nursing Homes – Holidays
- McDonald’s Dining Out
- Art Workshop For Parents
- Family Nights
Informative Community Meeting:
- Monthly Community Meeting
- Monthly PPC meeting
- Monthly District Meeting / Superintendent Meeting
- Monthly ELA DAC Meeting
- DCIS at Ford / Data Meeting